View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Congrats to Glandon, ClearEyes and Hobbs. We are moving along.

Glandon, I have thought about possible future slips, too. I think the most important thing I have learned from SR is that HUNGER plays a major role in my AV. When AV comes calling, I eat, eat, eat. So far, that has worked. I bought a large bag of Halloween treat-sized m&m's that I keep in my car in case it attacks while I am out.

My brother phoned only three times so far today. He actually sounded better; I think he has made up his mind to try marriage counseling, and if it doesn't work, so be it. His wife told him she will go, because she wants him to hear from the counselor what he should be doing. Up until that point, I had totally followed Chris's advice and just listened. But, I told him, "HUH! There's no way in hell that is going to happen." I think my comment relieved him as he probably thought the wife knew what she was talking about. He actually chuckled!

We have a sister who is a psychologist, but I assume my brother decided to talk to me instead of her because I am the one who argued with the wife and/or because we have always been close, or both. (Interesting side note - I just remembered the wife NEVER liked my sister the psychologist - said she always felt she was being analyzed.)

Thanks again for all your support. I am putting one foot in front of the other and trying to keep busy. This morning I went to the Y, then saw a light on in my six-month-old Volvo. I got out the manual; air pressure. I brought it to a local garage where they found a bolt in one tire. It is always something.

I should be embarrassed to add that the reason I always buy new Volvo SUVs is because I once heard that it is the least likely vehicle for police to pull over. How bad is that? My old neighbor who died this week had an old Willys Jeepster that was bright red with a red and white awning-like canvas top - - similar to a large version golf cart. I always thought I would love to have something like that, but I would be afraid I would rack up DUIs in it!

I am going to walk Scooter and get in bed early again tonight. I am physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted.

Thanks again........I appreciate this support more than you can imagine.