View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Choobie

BBF-I like it! Training for a half, then a whole is impressive and worthwhile!

Apple- Hmmm...this weekend. I have to work a bit, but I think it will be dedicated to making Halloween costumes, making squash soup and apple bread, and picking some pumpkins.

Napster, these Brits on our thread that are attending AA are doing sooooo well. Please tell us how it went for you-can't wait to hear about it!

Scooter-please don't feel guilty because you tried to stick up for your brother when he got walked on-once...3 years ago. Abusive people don't like their behavior called into question. But we do it anyway. I'm so glad you are sharing with us! I think attending a sober funeral and supporting your neighbor is a great way to celebrate 57 days, really-it's a good way to honor life. Don't forget to honor yourself, though, as well.

I spent my 2 month anniversary in the dentist's chair, and it wasn't really so bad. I only have one cavity in a wisdom tooth, so, once again, reality is much less scary than my fear of it.

You know, I was thinking about our topic a few days ago-about having that moment of clarity and making the commitment to never drink again. Ultimately, I think, while we do end up coming to this conclusion and making a true commitment, I don't think that decision has to be made prior to getting sober. Back in 2006, I finally realized that the solution to my problem was to quit drinking. A few months later, I realized the solution to quitting drinking wasn't wanting to, but to actually do it. Then, once I quit, and kept at it, and got more days under my belt, I found the clarity to truly be able to make that promise to myself. I was sober for 5 years, and I was the best version of Choobie, and the happiest, and most fulfilled period of my life so far.

This time around, I've certainly proven to myself that my alcoholism progresses with or without me drinking. I can't reverse the process, I can't become a "normal" drinker. The only way out is to never take another sip. I didn't know that the first time around. Now, there is no way I want to forget it! But remembering that it's today that matters is just as important as remembering my life long commitment. Today I don't drink. Relentless forward progress.

And now I'm off to the candy store!

Last edited by Choobie; 10-09-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: pesky pronoun