Old 10-09-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
heartcore

Change4good - I'm in on the quitting smoking (I'll deal with sugar later). I'm a very light smoker, but those five-ish cigarettes a day are intensely important to me. I'm feeling the contradiction of continuing to dose my body regularly with any kind of poison.

Smoking was heavily associated with drinking for me. Now that the drink is done, hanging onto smoking feels ridiculous.

I'm very healthy in other aspects of my life, and sneak my smoking so as not to be socially shamed (most of my friends & coworkers are athletes). It's just like my drinking was - dividing me from others, forcing me to leave things early to get back to my secret bad habits, guilt, shame.

I considered switching to vaping, but that's just too attractive to me, I feat I'd just be transferring addictions. I'm about to head for work, so I'm going to wear a patch these first couple of weeks (the step 3 one), just to soften the edge.

I wish you luck & i wish me luck (& a bit o' the willpower). Having my morning coffee without a cig was just hurdle #1.