View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
21reeves

Hi Ladies,

I can totally relate to the difficult first holiday, that's so hard. My first holiday was 4th of July- so I skipped it. I wouldn't have been able to do that if Thanksgiving or Christmas was my first. Too much family back-lash. We are having a family "old family films" night next weekend. That will be a challenge.

I also have noticed how many friends have issues with alcohol. My best friend has been pretty open about her "addiction" but isn't ready to stop. It's amazing how much alcohol runs lives. The envy and pity comment is so true for me.

I am at day 114. Hooray, but hard. My in-laws gave my husband and girls a gift but left me out. Hurtful, but not totally shocking. So my husband mentioned it to his mom. She said she would have to get me an extra special b-day gift. She mentioned some wine glasses she had in her closet. My husband told her I wasn't drinking anymore so that wouldn't be a great "regift". Her response to that was that I could just call them fancy water glasses. You got to love the family you married into.

Welcome to Boston. I live about an hour outside the city. Beautiful area but the snow is a killer. I also love the Berkshires. Great time of year to visit there.

Take care!