Thread: Money saved!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
countrygirl2014

Originally Posted by maverickspoint View Post
Hey, glad it worked out well :-)
Worked out well!!!! That is only the tip of the iceberg.
Because of your one supportive statement, I will now be volunteering for this group. I used to help animals 15-20 years ago before drugs and alcohol took over my life. After visiting this animal rehab I thought, didn't I want to do something in this field since I was little? Didn't I want to stay close to nature and animals? I spent the last 15-20 years as an electrician, who came home and deserved her nightly buzz.
The first Sunday in November I have already signed up for and paid for my CPR/first aid class. I am studying and preparing to take the state civil service exam (I was lucky to have no criminal drunken "yets") and I will be applying for the park ranger position, which is seasonal but will help pay for schooling in between so I can go for a degree and become a naturalist. One thing keeps leading to another on this.
I was in such a fog when I first went to the wildlife center. I didn't know what to do with myself. I sat there and cried at the bald eagle. I made it 2 weeks and fell hard off the wagon. And I, of course, cried my eyes out. I felt bad for the birds who weren't going to get their donation cuz I messed up.
It was a minor setback and I'm back on day 9. And I thank YOU for grabbing my shoulders, pointing me the right way and yelling "go!"
I truly appreciate all the wonderful support all of you provide. Maverick, you nailed it for me.
((Cyber hugs)) and a huge thanks.