View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Babs78756

Argh! I just wrote a whole thing and it disappeared!

LucyG - I understand. While I don't get cravings much anymore, I'm aware one could hit at anytime. In fact, on sunday husband and I went to have burgers before a movie and he ordered a schooner of beer. I used to LOVE patio sitting, schooners and food in the sun. for a moment I wanted to jump across the table and take it. Then a feeling of mourning washed over me, sadness that I'm not that fun girl anymore and then I got scared because I could have totally romanticized my way 'into just one patio schooner (though my husband never would have let me). This morning at the office, I was looking at all the wine in the wine rack (I've told you all my office is full of booze-hounds with happy hour starting for my boss abut 4:00). One bottle looked funny and out of pure curiosity, I pulled the bottle out to see why (it was empty) and feeling the bottle in my hand was weird, the first time I touched a wine bottle in 8-months. I backed away and realized, I'm still way too sensitive.

We're off to Boston/Bershires this weekend. My husbands Alma Mater is having an event and many of his friends are returning to campus for the weekend. We've rented a house and my in-laws will stay with us. It should be fine but I have a tough time with his mom who drinks a lot and is very childlike. His parents have a very toxic marriage and they basically orbit around each other in the same room and don't talk. They haven't slept in the same room for over a decade. Its the kind of dysfunction that's so heavy, even though no one says anything. It's the first time their whole family will be in the same room in years. So, I'm not sure how that pressure will be dealt with among the others... I'm going to bring my running shoes and give myself lots of out options. Take my daughter to campus and walk the shops and have lunch etc. Though it will still be tough, I think, last time I was there, it was all drinking all the time. I do recall being a sloppy mess, likely making a fool of myself but then again I have no recollection. So maybe it won't be so tough afterall.... will be nice to avoid being the messy wife.

I'm rambling but will check in again.

Hang in there, LucyG!

A friend posted this article on FB, thought I'd share:
Moderation Management - How to Cut Back on Drinking