Old 10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MsGrace

Boy you said a lot there and I have to agree with all of it. There is no bigger path for personal evolution than in relationship...it calls forth every bit of who we are along with our wounds. Gary Zukav wrote a book I love called "Spiritual Partnership" here is what he has to say:

“The new female and the new male are partners on a journey of spiritual growth. They want to make the journey. Their love and trust keep them together. Their intuition guides them. They consult with each other. They are friends. They laugh a lot. They are equals. That is what a spiritual partnership is: a partnership between equals for the purpose of spiritual growth.”
~ Gary Zukav
This is what is possible...the most effective way to evolve. This is possible with the man I'm with. By all means, it is easier to remain single. When single, we don't have to do the work...the accountability, the responsibility, the chance to have my own ******** called...and to work through it. And I don't take that chance lightly. In my experience, very few men have been able AND willing to stand in that fire with me to come to understanding, and a greater place of intimacy.

And yes, that dear soul comes with an almost unimaginable amount of difficult baggage. The cross in the road, for SURE. Thank you dear soul for sharing your perspective!