View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

I read this thread. It doesn't break any rules as far as my reading of the rules goes.
We have people drinking who post here all the time.

You can trust me and the forum team to keep peoples safety and well being here paramount

If this thread offends you you have the right to not read or post it anymore, or to employ the ignore function.

having said that tho... personal observation

mpr, I accept you feel you're doing a service here...but if eleven pages of really good shared experience didn't convince you that drinking would be a bad idea in your last thread, then you coming back here and telling us you 'didn't care for' it is probably not going to influence too many people one way or the other either.... so I'd prepare for a mixed grill of responses if I was you.

it's one thing to say

-I know many miss the drink, think fondly of it at times etc.. I just wanted to say you really aren't missing much. Some things are best left as memories, like a old movie you loved and have it a re-watch - Yep it was that feeling for me.
it's another to add

part of what always bugged me about being sober was I had do be sober, I couldn't drink - I had no say in it.. Now I did it, I have booze on hand at home, I can have it anytime IF I want but I probably wont, not often at least. I like having the option even if it is just so I can decline. I can't even see myself drinking more than 3-4 drinks in one sitting either, anything more just seems crazy to me
It's also worth nothing that 4 shots of JD over 2 hours is not normal drinking and far in excess of CDC guidelines ...yeah?

My own experierence? Very rarely did I return to drinking disastrously. Mostly when I drank again things often went well for a while...I felt none of the old passion or excitement...I felt honestly I could take it or leave it.

It didn't stay that way.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 10-06-2014 at 07:37 PM.