View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
HeartsAfire

Bumping this thread to say thank you for starting it, Flyn.

My hubby tours with a band and has been gone the entire time I've gotten sober (50+ days). He'll be home on Sunday and every now & again I get a little nervous about it. I've discussed all of this with him and his reactions have been shock (he thought this was just another "I'm gonna cut down" declaration), happiness, relief and pride. He's brought it up several times since just reiterating how proud he is of me.

We knew each other when we were 18 (before my drinking career began), were best friends and he fell in love with me (I never admitted it but I loved him too). We had a falling out and lost touch until 5 years ago (when my drinking was ramping up). We both fell in love this time and were married in June. Part of me is nervous that he doesn't know me sober but that isn't true - he knew me and loved me before drinking. I think that's just my AV trying to weasel its way back in, filling my head with lies trying to get me to drink again. Not falling for it!

Saying it out loud (or writing it) helps as does all of these responses. Now that I've said it I can let it go & begin to actually look forward to our new & improved life together.

Thanks again!