Old 10-06-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mrrryah1

Thanks guys <3 I really appreciate you taking the time to read my thread and post your feedback. It's been really helpful, as always.

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Please give it time. You owe it to both of you.
I feel like that too. I feel like while there's a strong chance I'm delaying the inevitable, I also really do owe him my sincerest efforts in seeing if our relationship can work in my sobriety.

Maybe my feelings of sudden discomfort in this relationship are also stemming from the sudden discomfort of not having alcohol. Who knows. I really don't understand what my emotions are or where they are coming from at this point.

All I can really focus on is my recovery right now, and I'm hoping the rest will fall into place with time....

Wish I could trust my own brain to make a decision right now but I just can't. Especially not a huge, life altering one.

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
I like FreeOwls suggestion of taking some "ME" time.
Thanks Jupey! I love the idea also. Unfortunately, I've asked for this before, and he's flipped out and said that if he leaves (or I leave) that's it - we're done. We're either in this relationship or it's over.

I'm not quite sure why he reacts like this, but I'm guessing it's fear, that he feels the need to give me an ultimatum.

The other thing I failed to mention is he's out of town ALOT - I only see him for a couple of hours a week total. So I pretty much already have a break from the relationship - in the physical sense anyways.

Still, the idea may need to be revisited.

<3<3