Old 10-06-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
razor15
Thankful for this community

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
I'd give it some time....41 days sober is very early to put your life into total upheaval....it sounds like you get on well so there is no abuse or anything that needs to be escaped at this moment. From an outsider looking in I'd say concentrate on early recovery (you never know this could be affecting the way you view things at the moment), when you feel stronger in yourself then maybe start to make the life changing decisions if you still feel they need to be made.

Me and my wife have been know to loose our connection some times just from becoming stale...maybe try to get out and do some new things to find out if sober you and your partner can now reconnect or connect on a different level now that your need for a carer has gone.

I hope it works out for you either way.
It is very honest of you, and brave to share here Myrrahh. I'm kind of with MM on this one, in that it really is early days, and I think everyone needs some time to stabilize thoughts and emotions before making these types of significant decisions. I am a bit behind you in time, and I'm recognizing new things about my relationship as well, but I completely consider it a learning stage at the moment. Take time, focus on your health and sobriety, observe and revisit when these negative emotions have either faded or solidified.
This is a tough spot and I wish you only the best things in life.