View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
rachwx

Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Hi Rachwx,

We can often get caught up with terms like 'alcoholic' , I'm not a believer in the word personally. I'm 22 and coming down from a bender as we speak. I was doing the same thing to a much less of an extent at 19 and things have gotten worse each time I go back to drinking.

I'd emplore you to quit drinking now if you think you have a problem. Like you i'm a pretty intelligent person - when it comes to drugs/ booze though I make the worst decisions. It really is easier to just stay away from them. I have lots going for me in my life but recently things have begun to fall apart and its gotten even harder to stay quit for good. I've ruined my relationship with the person I wanted to marry because of my behaviour. Sorry for the negative tone to my post - I relate a lot to how you feel. You can stop before things get too bad

I've always drank alone so can relate. I actually hate drinking with others as I always take it too far and make a fool out of myself!
Thanks MrG,

Yeah, I think I have a real problem with the term as well. I don't see myself as an 'alcoholic' and I don't think I ever could - not at this age anyway. But I know I've got to do something. I suppose that's why I came on here. It's a step in the right direction anyway.

I'm really sorry to hear about your relationship. I guess I'm lucky that I haven't gotten to that point yet where I've had any specific repercussions. I don't know if I'll be able to stop completely, but I think SR will be able to help me be more aware of what I'm doing and how easily it can spiral.

Thanks again.