View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pakman

New milestone achieved!

It's day 47. This is significant since it's the longest I've gone without drinking in 26 years (The other is the 18 years of my life prior to that). I did go 46 days without drinking several years ago during the Lenten season (40 days of lent and 6 sundays in between). I remember drinking on Easter Sunday to 'celebrate' my 'accomplishment.' I thought that I could become a moderate drinker, aka normie. How wrong I was.

Anyway, just posting this, cause celebrating every milestone helps me. Thank you to everyone on SR. This forum has helped me so much. Daily reading, posting, reading responses, etc. I don't think I could have come this far without it.

I will ask for 60 day chip from my CR group, but personally, my next milestone I have in mind (as well as set on my iPhone app) is 100 days. Only 53 days to go.

I'm feeling great and I think brain and memory is trying to come back a little. Someone told me that recovery comes in this order, body, brain, and spirit. I hope I'm entering the brain phase...

pakman