View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Good morning, Team.

Knb, Blackbird - - PLEASE stay with us.

Determined and Ultra - - GREAT posts - - truly deep and meaningful for us all.

I went to the Y and then to a town festival this morning. This afternoon I am going to Boston to see a 3:00 matinee. I have plans to go to a show tomorrow. I need to stay busy om weekends when my AV is strongest because my loneliness is at its worst.

Today is my Day 50. I am happy about reaching that number, but plan to celebrate my Day 57 next week. I finally figured out that it was 23 years ago in early Spring, 1991, that I stayed alcohol-free for 56 days. Then I thought I could moderate. I spent the next 23 years trying to stay sober. I tried MORE THAN 1000 TIMES- -

One thing different about this time is SR and our team, another is having a childhood friend die, most likely from addictions and depression, another that miserable bully in my book club calling me out about drinking before the meeting, another was reading the different posts about liver, skin, hair issues because of alcohol. I finally realized that my best friends, Miller Lite Beer and White Zinfindel wine were the devil in disguise.

When I was in Plymouth yesterday I wandered in and out of gift shops. I saw many signs that made me think I should take up calligraphy or needlepoint.

One was - - Because it is so hard to start something over again, you should never give it up.

I love my Grandfather's - - Your Health is Your Wealth! Don't ever forget that.

And, I like the one I mentioned to 1Step - - Living well is the best revenge.

I might become one of those little (hopefully little) old ladies with needlepoint pillows everywhere!! That will keep me busy!

Take care, my friends. Let's all stick together and help each other stay strong.