Old 10-03-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Post Diary of a Mad Cow, Part VIII: "When on Fire, Save what of Value"

I ride dirtbike out to old mining site yesterday, looking for cool rocks. Come back late afternoon, stop on top of mountain to eat few tangy conchord grape and... WHAT THE WHUH?! Noooooooooo! Jump on bike and fly down into valley. Mind is super clear: grab both computers, briefcase, files, medicines, some of pappa's very valuable antiques.

Closer I get, is thicker smoke, very hard to see, but I see fires! I pop out onto forest road near cabin and is about 50 firepersons, standing around. Like, eating sandwiches. Is bunch of fire truck and forest service vehicle too. Jesus God. They doing a control burn.

Whew. We had other fire come within mile of cabin before that destroy 800 acre of my forest. I put some of that one out with my own hoofs. True story.

Anyways, whole thing get me to thinking. Cow is burning down too, in lot of ways. So, what I gonna save. What truly is of value to save in all this life of detach survival and sad black ashes. I not clear on this at all. Is maybe everything should go. Total rebuild. I know I gonna be different person. I know whole "baseline" business is coming. Maybe I just grab wit and intellect and run for door. It has ominous feeling to me. Like that smoke.

What is you guys save from you alcoholic life?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
013a.jpg (59.8 KB, 602 views)