Old 10-03-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobertoday2014

Thank you Soberwolf, Hopeful and Heartcore for your words of wisdom. I'm not ready to leave him, but know that it is a possibility if my sobriety is pushed to the brink of relapsing.

Heartcore, my husband does exactly what you mentioned in your post. He goes to a bar after work, then picks up a 6 pack on his way home and drinks it in the garage throughout the evening. Acts like I don't know he's doing it - what BS right?? I can't imagine him thinking I'm so ignorant and unaware of the smell of beer I his breath!! Especially an alcoholic in recovery! I found another six pack in his trunk the other day and threw it in a dumpster (after fighting back my AV to chug it all, then dump). He never said anything to me about it and I didn't bring it up.

All I know right now is that I have to do everything in my power to stay sober and stay away from people who are drinking- including my husband. I feel really good right now, but Friday night is approaching fast and I'm worried he will come home tonight after drinking and I have a plan to leave the house if that's the case.

I love this site and everyone on it - it has been remarkable to read everyone's stories and how they ring true for me in so many ways. I don't feel alone in this, which I'm soooo incredibly thankful for...