View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
WendyOR

I see both sides. I do agree that we as adults have choices. 100%! Total agreement.

However, I do think that it is so in your face! I really do. Ice cream, who doesn't like ice cream? Who doesn't have fun eating ice cream with our kids? Watching a movie...??? (obviously just an example)... but you don't see five commercials a night advertising ice cream on big billboards.... It is one's choice to eat it and deal with the extra sugar, etc.... the pants fitting snug.

Alcohol is a huge industry. It is a money industry. The government knows the issues with the effects of it and the disease behind it, but the funding the makers of it contribute to a lot of things in government as well... so, a blind eye is turned.

I see both sides, and I feel it is sad ... very sad. We all have choices. My weakness, one of them.... is potato chips... oh man I love them. I can eat a whole bag in one sitting. Oh my I love them. However, it does not effect my decision making or my family responsibilities and alter my brain to unhealthy decision making. However, if I was somewhere just driving, and all I saw, or heard on the radio was people talking about my precious potato chips... man, I would start to want some.

It is each of our choice, but it doesn't make it easy when everyone glorifies it in my opinion.

JMHO