View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lillamy

Part of the agreement was he had to call at 5 on the dot to confirm the plans for the morning he never did, made me chase after him then switched his phone off.. So I blocked his number for a month after that..
If you don't abide by the agreement, you don't look so good in a court hearing. It really is as simple as that. I've gnashed my teeth, cursed under my breath, banged my head against the wall regarding the things the court has ordered -- but you have to stick to what the court order says. Always.

No, you're not responsible for your ex's relationship with his son. But you are responsible for not making it more difficult for him because you're mad at him.

Show up to all Court dates. Bring all documentation you have regarding his behavior. Hopefully it will be supervised visitation.
This is not just about proving that he is an unfit parent. It's also about convincing the court that you are a better one. And the only way you do that is jumping through whatever hoops they put in front of you.