Old 10-02-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by MB8 View Post
Thnx very much to all for all the responses. The crazy thing about this drinking thing is that in just the short 6 months that I've stopped drinking my life has improved immensely. Most importantly, no more awful hangovers. That in and off itself is worth the effort. Equally as important, my wife and kids look at me and treat me with so much more respect and love and both relationships continue to flourish. I received a huge promotion at work which I would have never had the courage to pursue had i still been stuck in the black hole of active addiction. And to top it all off we just bought a beautiful house on a beautiful lot and on an even more beautiful lake. More than I could have ever dreamed of. Yet as I sit there with my beautiful wife and watch my kids run in the yard with their youthful exuberance and innocence as the sun sets, what's the first thing that still pops into my head. " Man it would be nice to have a few pops ". The problem would be is a few would quickly turn into a dozen or more. I long for the day that isn't the first thing that comes to mind. With each passing day I feel as if that is closer to becoming a reality. Thanks again for all the kind words. Very grateful to be sober today. MB8
MB8, print out this post. ^^^^^^^ Make a bunch of copies. Leave them around so that they are handy when you are having those "6 month failure" thoughts. Your post is all you need to remember when/if you are feeling fragile.