Thread: Campral
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 09:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
hotmarriedguy

Hi greatful2004, it's great that you have made it three weeks on your own! As far as weather or not to take the campral, I wouldn't worry about it so much. From everything I have read on Campral it is very different that Naltrexone. Naltrexone does reduce your enjoyment of alcohol if you do happen to drink while taking it, but campral has no such effect. But, if you do drink while taking campral, it ceases to do anything about your cravings until the alcohol is back out of your system and the drug has a chance to work again.

Based on my readings, my opinion is that campral is more natural than naltrexone. I wish I could describe it another way, but it seems that it is less harsh on your body and more like a super vitamin - or more like something that does what a great deal time and good nutrition would do for your brain. I was once on Human Growth Hormone after I seperated my shoulder and did extensive damage to it. The HGH speeded my recovery to an amazing three months! It did what would have been done naturally, but in much less time.

I am doing great on it so far. Between it and me reminding myself of the wasted years - watching my life actually fall apart around me while I drank - both have kept me sober.

Anyways, take what you can from this and if you decide to give the campral another go then great, if not, that's great too - juts keep up the good work and stay sober.