View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
OpenWindow

I am a Mom to a three year old and it has been a very lonely and blurry three years. My husband and I met at a bar and our weekends without a doubt were spent drinking. It generally began about noon and, most week days we had wine - for the last 10 years. The last three of those I have been out of work (relocation and SHAM duties and trying to start a business) and I spent most days drinking and I used to start as early as 930am or as late at 3pm.

Today is day 2 of being sober. My daughter deserves it and that is where my guilt and motivation stems from. I have tried before and sought my husbands support which would end up with him buying wine, pouring me some or suggesting we go to the pub. If the temptations were not just offered I was blamed for being a "f*****g alcoholic" and then was offered wine the next day. Suffice to say I don't feel like I have the support at home.

I feel strong today though I do worry about this weekend coming up, though I have prepared an arsenal of no thank you replies at the ready.

The Mom aspect of this thread is really helpful, it's who I most strongly identify as. Thank you.