Thread: Where's My AV?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I'm doing the same thing. In fact I even named mine. Regina. The name of my ex-wife. I never did anything she said when we were married and I darned sure wouldn't now. So in my mind that's my ex talking to me! LOL
I had an old GF, BBG. She lied to me, cheated on me, stole from me, and made me feel and look like a fool, just like vodka. I broke up with her finally, and could never and would never ever have anything to do with her ever again. If she were to come to the door, I'd just smile and close the door.

I quit drinking just the same way, and grieved a bit too. Never again. But when it was done and I knew my decision was final, I felt so relieved, I felt as though my future had opened up. All sorts of things were now possible that never had been possible before. Same when I quit drinking. I never had to drink ever again! WooHoo! All that pain, misery and heartache, the depression, anxiety and guilt, were finally over.

I hope its the same for you, BeerBGone. You can do this, believe in yourself. You can be the person you know yourself to be. Onward!