View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kirstensmith

Thanks! I am on day 9 and I do plan on abstaining one day at a time. I do realize the "moderation" hot button, and will definitely avoid that topic. For me right now, I just need to break up wtih wine. I am not sure if it will be forever or just for a while, but for right now, it's today.

As for who I am when I am sober and when I am drunk. When I drank. I would have max of a bottle or a bottle and a half of a wine between the time I got home from work and bed. It would relax me, but I never got giggly drunk, stumbling drunk etc. Because I have seen alcohol trip me up in the past and I've seen what it has done to other family members, I am choosing to be healthy and quit ahead of the game. I saw an unhealthy pattern forming this past year, and I am breaking that cycle. My house is completely clean of wine glasses, wine openers and wine and will be for a while!

Im not interested in liquor/hard alcohol or beer at all, and if I didn't like wine, I wouldn't drink at all. But I am hoping that as more time passes, I will experience the benefits and just not drink anymore. (My one concern is an upcoming trip to Europe in 2015 with my Aunt who likes to drink wine). Hopefully, I can get enough days behind me before then to make up my mind one way or the other.

I guess I'm careful with my words, as I'm not sure if my break up with wine is forever or for a while yet. I'm still figuring that out - hopefully with your support.