View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kirstensmith

Is it still okay if I am here?

I don't consider myself an alcoholic. I am trying to cut back on alcohol as I have been abusing it for the past year. I have been tracking my intake the past year, and have not been happy with what I have seen. My best month was 27 days without wine in July, and September has been pretty good overall. (More days without than with). I am on day 9 and plan on continuing on.

In the past 16 years, I have had a couple of bad spots where I have abused alcohol and i have had years where I was able to moderate my intake (barely drank at all) or abstained completely. The past year has been stressful for many reasons, and I have found myself creating an unhealthy habbit of abusing alcohol (wine) and I want to kick it. I also want to be here to support others.

Anyway, I'm not sure at this point if I am going to be a non-drinker for ever, or never drink again. All I know right now is that i need help cutting back, and I am not drinking right now one day at a time.

I've seen mixed comments in the forum, and just want to make sure it's still okay that I am here. I know how sacred recovery is to people, and want to be respectful of that.