Thread: Realizations
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TerrelB

My ex-wife used to tell me I don't have an "off button" and that I don't know when to say when. I used to always wonder why I never learned my lesson by doing other drugs when I was already drunk and then getting sick or passing out. I was the guy that passed out and got drawn all over at parties or camping trips. I blacked out so many times, yelling at my ex wife and really hurting her emotionally because she questioned why I needed one more drink. I promised on multiple occasions it wouldn't happen again, but it always seemed to happen again. But there were also occasions where I'd go out and drink in a controlled manner, so I was never an alcoholic in my mind - at least not until it spiraled so badly out of control that I was drinking every day and every minute I wasn't at my desk at work.

I'm not saying you're an alcoholic or have a problem or not. Even if I thought it, it wouldn't matter - the only person that matters what they think is you. Your wife, her parents, your children if you have any, your family - they can all suggest it. But YOU need to come to the realization that you have a problem and you want to do something about it.

You have some soul searching to do, and you need to be completely honest with yourself. I wish you the best.