Old 09-29-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sleeplessinstl

well, Its been two weeks since this post and things are not looking good. Last Friday night, he was supposed to be going out with some guys from his work and ended up staying out all night. I called and texted several times but he totally ignored me. I finally heard from him the next afternoon. He said he was out drinking all night long and just got a room because he didn't want to drive home. So I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. But meanwhile he was still acting weird. Very secretive with his phone, not answering certain calls. All his money was gone. He said that he spent $250 on a down payment for a ring for me but I don't believe that. We ended up getting in a fight over this on Sunday night and I told him that if he didn't want to talk to me about these issues then he should just leave. So he left. Since then I have heard very little from him. He came "home" on Wednesday night and again, convinced me that he was fine and we were going to try to work things out but then on Thursday night....POOF! No boyfriend. This time he turned his phone off and said that he couldn't call me because his phone was dead and it was "too late" to just come home. Since then I have not seen him. He doesn't answer the phone or return my calls or texts. Last night I decided to send him a text that basically said that it seems to me like there is no other option other than he has relapsed based on his actions and that I am here to support him and will not be mad or upset and we can work on this together. I kind of figure that he's scared and ashamed to tell me that he's using again. That text went ignored all day. He finally wrote he wrote back this morning (about the time he goes to work) with "hi. I got a place. I didn't relapse" uhhh what!?!? After being MIA for pretty much a week, that's all you have to say? Needless to say, I didn't even reply. At this point I know that he's got to be lying about not using...right??? He does seem to be going to his job everyday but everything else just seems off and just like his old patterns. And even if he's not using, he's being a crappy boyfriend. It sucks. Any input or advice on how to deal with this and help me get over the pain of losing him.. again would be appreciated.