View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JingleBob

Day 3 starting now.

Yesterday was fine. It was pretty work-centric as I was there from 10:45 am until 9 pm. Had a very fleeting thought of "It'd be nice to run down the corner to the store and buy a bottle of wine right now. I could always start this sobriety thing tomorrow." I know well enough from past experience that tomorrow never comes so instead I focused on some meditation exercises and then read on this forum for a bit. Like I said, it was a fleeting thought, not even a true craving, and was gone within five minutes. Slept very hard last night. Usually I wake up pretty energetic (if I'm not hungover, that is), but I'm still feeling pretty groggy this morning.

I'm off work today so there will probably be some temptation to drink. If it hits, it'll probably be at around two or three this afternoon. Even if I didn't start drinking that early, that's usually when I started to plan how I was going to drink later in the day. I'm working on avoiding some of that pressure today by going to an AA meeting at noon and probably another one at eight tonight. I also have a short list of around-the-house stuff I want to get done so that'll help keep my mind away from the bottle as well. And I know I can always jump on the computer and read or post in here if I need some quick support.

Wishing everyone a happy and sober Monday!