Old 09-29-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
exparatrooper

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
But you CAN. You do NOT have to give her space in your head if you do not choose to. Here's a suggestion on how to start:

I see your first posts here are on August 30. Since then, you have 114 posts. Every single one of them is in this thread except for a handful right at the beginning that are in one other thread. However, even those posts are all about you and your situation. You haven't shown any interest in anyone else's situation by posting to any other threads.

Take off those blinders and look around you! Other people are struggling here too; maybe a kind word or some support from you would make their day. It doesn't take a car, gas money, a job or anything else to do that. All you have to do is stop thinking of what you've lost (or believe you've lost) and think about what you have to give. Then DO IT. Reach out to someone who needs it, even if all you can say is "I'm sorry you're struggling" or "I wish you well." What you get back will be so much more than what you give.

Yes, your situation is bad. But you're not the only one who's had to overcome a mountain of crap. Reading the stories here would help you realize that. Others have found their path to recovery, one small step at a time. You can, too. You are no different and no less than anyone else here.

Wishing you strength and clarity.
Im sorry i didnt mean to offend anyone