View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Neverthought

Hey,

Great posts....and it sound like everyone had a productive and sober weekend.....fabulous!

It was a nice weekend, although too much on the warm side. I can't wait for that bitter crispness of fall weather again. We put up Halloween décor yesterday and my wife and son are happy now. I ended doing most of the work which is a challenge during NFL Sunday. That's the only day of the week during the season that I ask for some time to myself. So, my son and wife were bugging me and I was a little short, but I did come through.

Well, (5) weeks today. Had a few flash-backs of drinking which is natural for me....just have to derail those thoughts very quickly. The AV loves when you open up to the thought, and long enough to persuade....

I've fallen for that trap many times. The thought just wins you over, but not if you whisk it away immediately....that's the key and I truly believe it's a learning process for many. I'm getting better at it!!

Bless and Stay Strong Septemberites......October is a right around the corner.....Congrats to all, regardless of your status, because you're trying and believe it or not, you're a minority in this category (for making the effort).....it takes a special strength and a gratitude for life!