Old 09-28-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Rina

Originally Posted by Newpathway View Post
I had a DU I in 2006 and I too did not realize it was a sign of being on a path to destruction with alcohol. I fell into a worse situation when I was no longer driving because going out and about with my car was no longer an option so staying home and making drinking more of a hobby is what happened to me. I just fell into it because I was not prepared with a plan of how to live my life without driving. If I could rewind I'd have made a different hobby for myself until I got my license back. It did suck but I got used to it.
Yes, it is such a blow that I couldn't ever imagine would be so hard. Driving is such a privilege that I have taken for granted since the day I turned 16! In my town- public transportation is a joke. Since I live alone it is really hard for me to reach out and ask for rides and stuff. I decided to ride my bike to AA meetings and I've had Lawn Crews stop and offer to take me where I need to go and of course I freaked out about being abducted! I've lived such a sheltered life! My anxiety and catastrophizing are driving me crazy but I haven't drank yet and have only had fleeting thoughts about it.