Thread: Day2
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nuffsEnuff

Day2

Its encouraging to see others posting their experiences as they start out in this life changing process. I hope everyone is doing well. My detox is going pretty much as expected. I was a pretty heavy drinker, so i knew this wasnt going to be easy. I am hoping that by writing out how unpleasant this is that when I think about taking another drink I can look back over these posts and recall how scary bad (or how far my disease had advanced) and know that I cant go back. The cold sweats are pretty awful (not to gross anyone), but I have to shower 3 times a day or I will smell rancid by the end of the day. The shakes are pretty hard to hide. I wouldnt dare write something free hand. Im extremly light headed. Chain smoking. And then theres the anxiety. All the things I drank to avoid my responsibilities are coming to mind. Just trying to keep in mind that I cant fix all my malfunctions/issues at once. But I am starting to make a list and hope to tackle the easy ones to keep my mind occupied while i keep myself locked away. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.