Old 09-28-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rina

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I had a DUI back in 2006. It was my first and only and like you, I felt depressed and scared. The thing is, it gets better. You will get through your sentence and while it will be very inconvenient and costly, you will come out the other side.

Unfortunately, my DUI didn't stop me from drinking except for a couple of months. It took me another two years to finally decide I had enough. I hope you will learn from this and do whatever it takes to stop drinking. (((HUGS)))
Thanks for sharing Suki! I am really jumping into AA with all my might because I know that alcoholism is a progressive disease! I was sober for many years because I had experienced too many "close calls" and then I started drinking a few months before I got my DUI which occurred after a family barbecue this past Memorial Day when I was weaving home and blew a .23!!! Horrific! Every time I start to rationalize my drinking in the future-because it is inevitable since I'm an alcoholic- I just have to look at that number! I just feel so guilty right now and terrified of picking up again!

Last edited by Rina; 09-28-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Misspelled