Old 09-28-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Briseis

Originally Posted by heartcore View Post

Regarding your relationship with your gf - I can only speak for myself, but as a woman I highly value physical intimacy as much as raw sexuality. I would be perfectly content if my recovering partner continued to cuddle me, make out with me, give me great massages, grab my arse as he passed in the kitchen, and touch me lovingly at every opportunity. The fear when a partner becomes less interested in sexuality is that somehow I am not as lovely & attractive. Just make sure that you're also giving her lots of positive verbal feedback on her beauty, as well. And in particular the curve and angle of this and that. If she feels body beautiful and you're filling her affection tank, I'm sure that your love will feel well-loved, and will wait beside you for your sexual engine to reboot.

Plus with all that making out and massage, your own body may unexpectedly surprise you with desire...
Female here as well--I agree with this a lot.

You need to give yourself time to get your footing in the intimacy without booze arena. But, I van see where your lady friend may feel left out or possibly even rejected. Maybe by employing some of these methods suggested by Heartcore, you can help her to feel more accepted and loved, while approaching sexual contact slowly. And, like she said, you never know how you may react when the pressure is off