Old 09-28-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
heartcore

Female here. I'm hyper sexual when drinking; the two activities are very intertwined for me. I am in early sobriety & made a decision to be single so I can focus on recovery (something I didn't do last time, which I think impacted my relapse).

Suffice to say that a lack of desire is not visible in relationship, but I have noticed that this time I'm not spending lots of time engaged in sexual fantasy or self-pleasuring either, which is highly out of character for me.

Bur then, I remember that I'm not altogether sure as to what my "character" actually is anymore.

I've thought that maybe all that sexual "energy," whether directed at myself or others was just one more way of not feeling & being present. Running energy. Energy mid-used (lots of my sexuality was not an expression of love, but was something else).

I'm just going to be patient & curious & see in what form it re-emerges naturally.

Regarding your relationship with your gf - I can only speak for myself, but as a woman I highly value physical intimacy as much as raw sexuality. I would be perfectly content if my recovering partner continued to cuddle me, make out with me, give me great massages, grab my arse as he passed in the kitchen, and touch me lovingly at every opportunity. The fear when a partner becomes less interested in sexuality is that somehow I am not as lovely & attractive. Just make sure that you're also giving her lots of positive verbal feedback on her beauty, as well. And in particular the curve and angle of this and that. If she feels body beautiful and you're filling her affection tank, I'm sure that your love will feel well-loved, and will wait beside you for your sexual engine to reboot.

Plus with all that making out and massage, your own body may unexpectedly surprise you with desire...