View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
JingleBob

Day 2 starts now.

Yesterday was a nice enough day. I was pretty drained and tired and fuzzy-brained for most of the daylight hours because of the excessive drinking from the day before. Luckily work was just steadily busy enough to keep me occupied but not busy enough to cause stress. I was supposed to work from eleven in the morning thru the whole evening but a co-worker wanted to pick up a shift at night so I was able to be home by five. Came home, took a little nap, fixed a nice steak dinner for myself and then went to a meeting at what will probably end up being my AA home group.

It was birthday night and there were a ton of people there, most I've ever seen at that group, probably 150 people or so. Lots of people celebrating sobriety anniversaries from one year to 38. Whole lot of laughter and joy at this meeting, that was nice to see. I pretty much stuck to the sidelines but did have short conversations with a couple of people I knew. I didn't make any grand confessions of this being my first day back or anything, though I'm sure the people who recognized me already knew. I'll save that for a smaller meeting where I feel more comfortable. But still, I left with a smile on my face, came home and got a good night's sleep. No thoughts of drinking yesterday at all. But I'm sure part of that was just the horrid hangover.

Work again all day today, I probably won't be able to get out of working tonight so no meeting. But that's OK. Working is part of living a normal life, right?