View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Hereandnow2

Advice! I am a school social worker and am developing a new community holiday program for needy families. A colleague whom loves to push my buttons says." I won't be contributing bc the last time you has us help that black family they came back and asked for help for the following year! So who know what kind of families your going to be helping!" I said that's fine don't help! He said "I'm helping a family from my church" I said "oh so you go to church and live by god yet you pick and choose who your going to help! You give with strings attached! Well this continued for a bit and escalated till I was red in the face and walked away. I was so upset by the argument that I was in tears. I am about his age , female and he always has something to say either sexually or digs at me. We get along most of the time and he us very tight with the administration. They view me as part of their team and seem to accept his insensitivity and rude remarks. I'm afraid if I report him to human resources he'll retaliate or I'll be shunned from the group. I wish I could stop engaging with and most of the time I do but a few times a year for the last 8 years I just lose it!!! Sorry this is so long!