Old 09-25-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
razor15
Thankful for this community

A great topic. Years ago, on a number of extended backpacker travels I learned how to live in the moment. Decisions were made by gut and more often than not rewarded by amazing experiences - meeting new and interesting people, having fantastic unplanned experiences, simply enjoying all that that moment could offer. This had the effect of "slowing" time since everything was new again. I liken it to how summers as a kid seemed to last forever.
So living in terms present comes fairly naturally to me, so much so that I lost any plan at all, and drinking kept me content in floating along without actually experiencing all those cool moments I had been used to. It sucked my motivation and left me in an unproductive routine, which I tricked myself into thinking was living in the moment. But it wasn't living at all.
So time flew by, and the best I can measure those years is through the lives of my children. Those milestones is the best I can gauge time.
I'm looking to rediscover life by learning again, and experiencing all that is new. I love to learn, and this is how i slow time...