Old 09-25-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Originally Posted by Flynbuy View Post
I am so much more aware of living in the moment
I am too! It is an odd thing... I'm simultaneously experiencing a perceived slow-down in time since getting sober, along with the awareness that there is limited time and that it is running out. It's kind of like a warp in time-space for me One moment, I'm aware that time is passing much more slowly now that I remember details. Next, I'm in near panic when I realize how much times has already passed, the years that I drank, and the fact I've already lost two people in my family who I was very close to makes me all too aware my time is limited. When I was young, I was a philosophy major in college and that is when my existential angst really began. I believe some of my drinking was in an effort to deal with the passing of time. When we don't live in the present... when we regret or replay the past, or worry about the future or running out of time, we aren't living in the present. I was never able to comfortably or peacefully live in the present before!! Not until now! It is really amazing.