View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
walkinganewpath

I'm so sorry Cecilia...((hugs)). My husband's close friend lost his wife the same way. First he lost her to alcohol for about 5 years and then she also took her life the same way - she had disappeared and her mother found her in her car dead from a gunshot to the head. From the outside they appeared to have everything - lovely home, two great kids, she was an awesome cook and a beautiful woman.

Sadly her kids last memory of her was one of her being drunk and them stealing her keys from her, telling them they hated her and running out of the house to get the school bus because they didn't want her driving them or herself drunk. They were 13 and 10 at the time.

I know we are all trying to stay sober for ourselves - and sadly your friend and mine will miss out on joys they didn't realize existed. I can't quite relate to that level of despair but it is reason enough to keep trying.

Wishing your friend peace and praying for us all to keep trying to follow the path to sobriety and the path to life.