View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post

I was commenting the other day that at any point in the day, virtually in every city around the world, there is a meeting. That speaks volumes to me regarding how evil and pervasive alcohol is and how many lives it destroys is beyond comprehension. The alcohol industry does such a great job of giving it a happy fun image while simultaneously making those that get addicted, which is virtually all if you drink for a steady period, feel like we should be ashamed. The alcohol industry and the advertising of it is in need of a revolution. Watch the anonymous people movie if you get a chance team. Enough of my rant...

Off to gym and then house tasks and errands. Woke up to a great sounding rain outside of the window. Life is good.

Attitude of gratitude.
Determined:They plaster health warnings on cigarette boxes but wont do the same with alcohol? I don't get the logic here.

Most of the crime committed is because alcohol is involved. The hospitals are full on a Friday and Saturday night because of alcohol fuelled fighting etc. It costs the health system thousands of pounds.
And yet they still glamourize alcohol still...go figure.