View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Hi everyone, I also had a drinking dream last night Brach, it was weird- like most dreams are but it felt so real, was hiding it unsuccessfully and in one store I was asked by the shopkeeper to try some weird alcoholic concoction he had made in a drawer, remember the taste of it even! So relieved when I woke up. Also on step 4 too! Trying to get stuck into it today more.

Can relate Knb about the anti-climax type feel of going into month 2, its like the early recovery withdrawal period is over but life's still going on and don't know about everyone else here but time seems to be going slower somehow? It seems like Ive done more than the 5 and a half weeks, im trying to get fit now and immerse myself in AA and hope that I can stick with sobriety....
When I called AA the other night they told me that I should be doing step work. Isnt there a thread on this somewhere? Is it helping you Istep?

For me the time isn't faster as I have subconsciously decided to count the months rather than the days. But my AV is a lot stronger than it was in the first month. That difficuklt day I had really shook me as I see that I am still not safe.

Thast what I am doing too...getting into my fitness, trying to eat better and generally trying to associate myself with positive people. But that's not always easy to do.