View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mrrryah1

30 days... I think I just screwed up.

OK so firstly, it's my 30 days today. Loving it. etc. etc.

I hate this. I can tell everybody in my life I'm doing the sober thing, except for my boss. I've drank with him and with him & clients numerous times, etc. etc.... I've been fired from jobs before for having a drinking problem, and I just don't think that it's appropriate for him to know.... etc. etc. but he LOVES to drink, and he loves taking me/clients/me & clients for booze filled lunches, his atmosphere is always just classy wine classy scotch booze booze booze.

UGH I JUST AWKWARDLY SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM MID-SENTANCE. That was awful. Worse than I even expected.

Anyways, here's what happened.

It's my 2 year anniversary at my job today, and I mentioned it to my boss. He said well we have to go for lunch then! (Immediately I'm like -crap - why did I mention it. This is totally an excuse for a booze filled lunch.)

Sure enough, this morning he casually strolls by my desk (note that I am very intimidated by this man - he's very professional & confident, smart, etc. etc. and I look up to him - plus he's my boss) and mentions "So - I was thinking such and such restaurant.... they happen to have a LOVELY wine list...." with a big smirk on his face (I think he was expecting me to be totally excited about this). So here's where I screwed up - I said "Awesome! Sounds good!" When really inside my stomach was churning and I was thinking "Dear god how do I get out of this one."

So while I was typing this post, I decided to blurt out "OH CRAP - I CAN'T DRINK - I'M ON ANTIBIOTICS - BUT Uh... I can.... Eat....???"

*silence from his office*

"Uh.......... Oh..... Okay..... I'll check out some other places" he says.

SO AWKWARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

But a near miss. For sure.