View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Teddysgirl

Boyfriend in jail, me pregnant

Hello everyone! I am new here! first of all I want to thank each and every one of you who take the time to read this post and offer help or opinions. It helps so much to know I am not alone.

I was with my AXBF for 5 years. And I found out two years ago he was a heroin addict after he stole $3500 from me. I gave him another chance after he went to rehab. After a while, I broke up with him for another guy (bad I know). and he relapsed. He robbed his aunt's house and stole money off her and went to jail. He got out of there and went to rehab and came home again. (to his parents house). Long story short, it didn't work out with the guy I was with, so I got back together with my AXBF. I figured it was my fault he relapsed in the first place because I broke up with him. I thought I could save him.

Things were great til about June this year. He had a great job and was making good money. And actually always had money. Then he got back into contact with an old "friend" he used to do heroin with. It was a wrap after that. Then in July I found out I was pregnant with his child. I knew something wasn't right with him. He was so mean to me, calling me every name in the book, never wanted to be with me. Blamed me for being a hormonal B-word as the reason he didn't want to be around me. etc. Then finally in the beginning of September, he got caught by his father with heroin paraphernalia and went back to jail.

I have no choice but to let him go. But before he went to jail he threatened to take me to court for my baby. I honestly don't want anything to do with him now. I don't want him on the birth certificate, I don't want him in our lives. But if he gets clean for the millionth time. Takes me to court, will the judge grant him visitation because he is clean?! He has multiple drug charges on his record. And if they do, what if he stays clean for a while and does well like he always does, but then decides to relapse. LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES. It's almost like I can predict what will happen.

I realize this is a quick version of what has gone on in the past two years of my life. There is a lot more so if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask! Again I appreciate anyone's input or suggestions, especially if you have been through this sort of thing yourself. I'm constantly worried about my little one!