View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
nmd

this class is getting huge! Just trying to catch up since yesterday

avice -haha. autocorrect on my phone.. "diver day" should be "sober day"! I guess I need to add sober to my dictionary? And yes, watermelon juice is fantastic. With coconut juice? I'll have to try it... I think I'd break an ankle with trampoline dodgeball though, I'll leave that to the pros.. Glad you are feeling a little better!

safeandsound - hope you are feeling better and the w/d is subsiding! You won't have to go through it again

NeverThought- great job on 4 weeks! My kids are big into minecraft as well, I've only personally played it once. Kinds of like having unlimited legos. I tend to be more on the introverted side myself, but I'm much more capable of conversation and remembering people sober. I like your junk drawer analogy, I have lots of "tidying" to do in life and in my thoughts.

needinghelp82- welcome back, sorry about your recent relapse and hospitalization, but I'm glad you are here for a new start

snowbunting - welcome to the class! I've been ambivilant at times. Unfortunately it often takes something bad to happen to remind me why I am quitting (an argument, a blackout, etc.)

Cecelia44 - We're on day 9! Tomorrow is double digits!!! I made it to 10 days once this year, but not a full month in about 4 years.

Luper - glad you are doing better and almost 30 days. Festivals with lots of drinking can be tough, glad you were able to face it and add it to your sober experiences! It feels great to make it through something like that.

blisswithin- welcome!

tryingintexas - hope it gets easier for you and your GF! It has for me, she seems to understands now I want to quit. I've been told here though that it has to be an "inside job". I have to want to quit and really do the work on my own. Others are just there to support me. I think in time as your GF had confidence that you can do it, she will be very happy for you. :-)

razor15- Yes, it was a much simpler time! Commander Tom was on Channel 7 out of Buffalo, he was a local weather forecaster and had a Saturday morning children's variety show. Having a Christian show like Davey and Goliath on network tv is not something you would see today.

Alynn - congrats on your AA meeting! It takes guts to open up in front of a group.

Deanyaa - glad you are sticking with us!

forwardmotion - glad you are back! There is nearly always someone on here, and ofter just taking the time to put our thoughts together in a post is long enough to work our way through the urge to drink. I need to remember that myself.

walkinganewpath - my GF and I probably enable each other as well. It makes it a bit harder, but my drinking can't go on, so I'm quitting. I do see a difference in her drinking when I'm not getting drunk every night. She'll have a few, but we aren't sitting down and finishing a bottle of rum like we have in the past. wishing you the best for friday!

thisibelieve - Good job on getting out for exercise! IS Bikam yoga in the type in a really hot room? Not sure I could deal with the heat, but yoga can really work out the kinks in my body and feels great afterwards. I've only done it at home though.

dearprudence- I had no idea sleepy hollow was a series now. way to go on double digits! I'm one day behind you...

facingfuture - best time to get sober is today, welcome!

sobriavida - congrats on 15 days!

brisies - welcome

jimjim- Yeah, SR brings me back from the brink of drinking a lot of times. This is a great group of people and their stories remind me why I came here to begin with. Don't give up!