View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
MeowMeowMeowwww

THIS IS AVICE. HELP ME DEE. OR OTHER MOD.
I can't get into my account...keeps saying that I've exceeded my login attempts. Wha?
This is the message:
Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

It also seems that any new account I create can oly be logged into ONCE. This is a problem.

Anyway, my new name is pretty cool, so I guess I'll post under this one for now.

Hi and welcome to DearPrudence, oldskoolraver, Needinghelp82, snowbunting, razor15, walkinganewpath.

thisibelieve.
Originally Posted by thisibelieve View Post
"In a murderous time
the heart breaks and breaks
and lives by breaking.
It is necessary to go
through dark and deeper dark
and not to turn.
I am looking for the trail.

-Stanley Kunitz "The Testing Tree"
I absolutely LOVE this quote. I'm going to do something with that in Photoshop and make some wall art out of it. I find it hugely inspiring.

Findingtheway. All this talk about AA chips is making me hungry. Yeah, I know you can't eat them, but still.
Originally Posted by Findingtheway View Post
realized I want to go to sleep and wake up sober. I want control over what I say and what I do...I don't have that when I'm drinking.
Me too. I still can't believe some of the stuff I did drunk. Totally nutso bonkers out of control.

deanyya. Sorry to hear you're feeling bad, but yeah - at least you can lay in bed and take it easy for a bit. How's the book so far?

Alynn. Yay for three weeks! Glad the meeting went well.

mystified. So cool that you got to have that once in a lifetime kind of experience sober!

nmd. Good for you for getting through the weekend. I have no idea what a diver day is though...

safeandsound. Hey anger's OK, man. Whatever works. Sorry about the migrane, tho. I've never had one, and after what I've read about them, I'm pretty sure that I could do without ever experiencing one. Gah.

Neverthought. One month! You are the first to reach the top and plant your flag. I'm not too far behind you...I shall join you soon.
I am exactly like that with the euphoria/energy aspect of alcohol. Do I miss it? Oddly, not really - even though I've been experiencing a bit of depression over the past couple days. It was weird to not drink while cooking, though. However, I have found something to replace it. Here's a recipe for y'all.

The Incredible Unbeatable Delicious Watermelon Drink That You Might Sell Your Mother's Soul For Except You Don't Have To Because Watermelon Is Not Hard To Find
Get blender.
Cut up 1/4 watermelon and put in blender.
Add coconut juice (available at fine Asian grocers and those annoying organic places that charge too much for everything).
Turn on blender.
Turn off blender.
Fill glass 3/4 full and top off with mineral water.

You write music? What do you play?

Cecilia44. Re: the congestion - I found myself sneezing more than usual. Par for the course in my weird withdrawal. I get the standard stuff, but I have a couple odd symptoms. I'm just trying to roll with it the best I can. Congratulations on a week! That's a biggie.

Luper.
Originally Posted by Luper View Post
If you slipped up...start again. So glad you are here! One day at a time
Couldn't agree more.

BlissWithin. The AV is stubborn, but you sound like you're stubborner. No, stubborner is not a word, but it should be.

TryingInTexas. Why don't you pour the wine out or give it away? I mean, if she's not interested in keeping it there's no point in having it around. I hear what you're saying about your GF, but maybe she just isn't aware of how difficult it is. I actually sent a friend a website outlining withdrawal symptoms, because he seemed to think that I could quit and immediately be 'normal'. Whatever that is.

ForwardMotion. Don't worry, man. As long as you stay with us. Reach out next time and try to ride it out until one of us has something to say about it.

I'm feeling a little better today. Sort of only half depressed. I think that some of it may have been due to slipping back into the old habit of not eating during the day (so I could get drunk quicker in the afternoon). Gotta watch that.

I also updated my Meetup.com profile and joined a couple groups. Finally. I'm going to do trampoline dodgeball! That should be...interesting. Hope I don't get my arse kicked. I also did some yoga today and I'm going to try out a candlelight meditation tonight (I subscribe to a podcast called Yogamazing). Small steps, but I feel like I'm heading in the right direction.