Thread: Campral
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hotmarriedguy

Hi, I am the guinea pig on this one. My last drinking day was Friday April 1st (thought it was an appropriate day) and Saturday April 2nd I started Campral. So far, it is working as described. I have had no cravings for alcohol at all. I have not been binge eating at night eiter. I had really expected to start eating a lot of sweets at night to stave off the cravings and 'reward' myself for making it another day, but I have not done so. Of course it's too early to tell, but maybe the drug companies have finally stumbled on to something. It has seemed to hit the mental reset button for me when all else had failed.

The only side effect I have noticed is that my sex drive has been either out of control like a 15 year old boy working at a summer camp for college cheerleaders or it's been non-existent. This changes from day to day, so no worries. I have started a persistent cough - but I believe it's related to blood pressure medicine they prescribed me at the same time. About to look that one up in google.