Old 09-22-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mkintexas

Hey pop. I have been down the induction road more times then I care to admit. I have learned a few things on the way. Induction on to sub is not so much a time component as it is a level of withdrawal. Have you ever reviews the clinical opiate withdrawal sheet (COWS). You evaluate or have someone evaluate your level of classic withdrawal signs. Once you reach a score of 5-13 you are technically ready for your first dose of suboxone. I err on the side of caution and wait until I am 13-15 or so. Some people go all the way to 26. Some folks on here would testify to the fact that I have WAY over researched suboxone. That said I do have my opinions. I think that precip withdrawal mainly occurs with people who are going from methadone to sub. Methadone is a beast. It is a full on agonist with a LOOOOOONG half life. 36 hours I believe.

Personally I have had success taking my last dose of oxy around 6-7pm sleeping. When I wake up around 6 am I am already feeling the effects of withdrawal. I wait another 3-4 hours which puts me at 15-16 hours and then begin my induction. I have done this when up to 150mg of oxy a day and never had precip. For most people I think if you are already feeling a good amount of withdrawal and show some classic signs like sweating, RLS anxiety, you are ready.