View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

I'm sorry to say that I really can't even begin to list all the blackouts I've experienced.

But what I can do is tell you this; If I'd only seen right away that these blackouts were a clear sign that alcohol would rob and impair my life, if I'd only acted on it the first time... the second time..... even the twentieth time.... I'd have spared myself much agony and lived a far more rewarding, deep and wonderful life.

I commend you for getting right on it, coming out here, reaching for help, sharing your feelings and taking action.

I also encourage you to go with the momemtum of your intent. Harness your fear of what has happened and turn it into resolve that this won't happen again.

Alcohol is clever within those of us who have these experiences..... it usually doesn't take long after we're feeling so certain that we will never drink again, for the voice inside us to begin reasoning all the ways that it will be 'just fine'. All the logic as to why this happened, just this time... but next time will be different.

Launch a full offense against that.... you are RIGHT NOW in the prime place to do so. Don't waste a moment, make a plan, educate yourself, get support and get it done!

Oh and also; welcome.