View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
happybeingme

Thanks OGK. I know how fortunate he is. There were no witnesses but based on injuries and condition of bike he went down on his side and stayed on the bike. So, he did just like his dad taught him. But, he is wheelchair bound for the next several weeks.

Anyway onto your question. No, the phenomenon is not new. Just havent found the place to share it until now. I feel like that diabetes commercial that says "even if you think you have your blood sugar under control test often" My emotional life is a million times better than I ever thought possible and yet the work isnt done. Sometimes I will say something, or react a certain way and I am mentally slapped with "you still need to work on that". Other times I have to kick myself and say " you been just cruisin' along for too long". And sometimes I am just tired of having to work. But, it has to be done if I want to make sure I never slip back into the abyss of depression again and either pick up again or harm myself. My sons accident unfortunately made me a little more aware of my weaknesses than I want to admit. Thats why I am replying to you tonight rather than just vegging out. I need to touch base with recovery stuff at least every other day.

Anyway enough rambling. Hope I answered your question.

Happy