Thread: Rehab?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AmyLeigh
Paused

Rehab?

I am wondering if Rehab is the only way....my husband doesnt drink every day - and can go two weeks/three weeks or even longer without a drink, I have always thought it was always in his mind - the kind of addiction where you THINK you have to have alcohol - but you chemically dont NEED it every day. I guess it's one of the many types of alcoholics????
Anyhow, he's tried the antabuse back in 2000 (spit it out), AA meetings on and off (cant seem to stay committed to going), and he thinks that the only thing left is a detox - well my question here is does he NEED a detox?!? I mean, like I said, he detoxes himself - but everytime he is drunk he starts this "I need to be locked up, but we dont have the money and wont ever" basically I think he is just saying that crap to tell me there's no way he can quit because he "cant" and he is too helpless - poor him lets have a PITY PARTY! (can ya see I am a tad ill with his ways ) Question - would rehab do any good for someone who wasnt in need of a detox - and does it cost the thousand and thousands of dollars that he claims it costs and is it true that insurance wont pay it?
Thanks!